Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why I pay Search Fees

The next time you are looking to make an important hire consider that strong recruiters choose which clients they want to work with and choose which clients see which candidates first... I use a recruiter that specializes in the staffing industry (Search Inc - www.search-inc.com ) for Bond Street and I pay 25% - they might continue to work with me if I insisted on paying less...but why would I think I was doing my business any justice? Sure I would save 5% but now I see the top people in my industry at the same time or before my competitors - that's certainly worth more than 5%?

2 comments:

Observations from the land of confusion said...

The question is whether the 5% cost is offset by increased volume. Can you measure that?

Unknown said...

If you can't off-set 5% of a great candidates salary with increased value and revenue in your business then you made a bad hire. Certainly a risk. But if you want to be in a position to see the talent 1st then you should take that risk. exceptions do apply...